Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Introduction

     My name is Taylor, and I am a sophomore in high school.  As a typical fifteen year-old, I had not given much thought into all the things I wanted to accomplish in life.  I may have had a vague idea of what career path I was interested in, but I never considered how my accomplishments in life could impact the lives of others.  This blog is dedicated to reflecting the lessons I’ve learned and the people who helped teach me what matters most in life.  After reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, an autobiography about a man with terminal cancer, I was inspired to decipher my own “life’s journey” and work to make a difference in the lives of others.  I also wanted to share my experiences, which is where this blog comes in.

Within this blog are several links to my “teachers”, the people who taught me how to live my life, and five different accounts from where I learned valuable “life lessons.”

The sky is the limit, so reach for the stars!

10 comments:

  1. Oh man I hate when your told not to do something. Sometimes as you learned its best to listen. I still don't listen, but then again i haven't broken anything.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling me that plant story before. I know I would've also been upset if my teacher killed my plant. On the bright side, at least you learned how to be less sensitive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have known bullies like that and I just avoid them. Some of the time they are mean to their friends equally as much as their enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I love Lauren! I never really had imaginary friends, but I tried to make one once. It didn't work out so well! I'm so glad you found your creativity, though!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, bullying others may earn one respect amongst the group of bullys and disgruntled teachers. However, it will give one a negative reputaion to intellegent citizens, spineless denizens, and small children. Thus, it should not be condoned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Golly gee wilikers, I was excited when I saw that there was someone else who has often had problems with sensitivity, but then I realized.
    You're a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem as in lesson 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, have often been bothered by oversensitivity in my life. I agree with Austin, well, except for the part about being a woman because I am one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the importance of listening. I learned that the hard way myself.

    ReplyDelete